Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Solstice = Summer Hats

Nothing says summer like children playing outside lathered in sunscreen and wearing a great hat. I have been looking for an excuse to make more hats for the girls and the perfect time to do that is the beginning of summer. Sophia has been getting compliments at school with her "fgd" hat and I thought Layla might need a homemade hat of her own. When I asked her what colour she wanted I was a little surprised when she asked for green. But, I listened to her wishes and, since the hats are reversible, Layla can wear green whenever she likes.

I absolutely love the orange fabric that I found and the animals matched it perfectly. Sophia has already been asking for a doll blanket to be made with the animal fabric. The cherry fabric isn't as kid oriented but with the green polka dot lining I'm sure it will be a favorite.

Unfortunately my beautiful models are up at the cottage with Daddy, Grandma and Papa this weekend so I couldn't completely show off how fantastic they turned out but I'm sure Layla will reach for them with a "mine" when they return on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Love the hats! They are so practical and pretty. All we need is the sun. Layla and Sophia send kisses.

    ReplyDelete