Friday, April 16, 2010

the sun can't shine everyday...



every now and then it has to rain...however, the fact that it rained on the same day that I finished Sophia's new sun hat is a little annoying. Although you can see that regardless of the weather outside she was having a great time wearing it in the house. This hat was created using the make It perfect Lazy Day Hat pattern, this is the second hat that I've made with this pattern and while sewing around a circle was difficult at first I really believe that this hat looks even better in person than this picture demonstrates, also because Sophia is becoming more difficult to photograph.

I realized, as I was sewing again tonight, that I have a house to myself (and the two sleeping girls upstairs, 3 if you count Kitty) and here I am up way too late trying to finish a project that does NOT need to be completed next week let alone tomorrow. I have an addiction, a sewing/fabric addiction. In preparation for my weekend alone with the girls I purchased some batting for a quilt, thread to topstitch a couple items for Sophia, I got 4 movies (one for each night without Steve) and a bag of rippled sour cream and onion chips...so far I have completed Sophia's hat, one other item that I hope to get some good pictures of tomorrow and half a bag of chips. So much for the movie nights, hopefully tomorrow, with one more project completed I will be able to just sit and watch a movie...why do I keep setting deadlines for my sewing??? Maybe in a few years, when the girls are a little older, these girl weekends will be a little more exciting. When can I get Sophia and Layla working on a sewing machine of their own without it being considered a sweat shop???

No comments:

Post a Comment