Thursday, January 13, 2011

Boy o' Boy


It's no secret how much fun I have making things for Sophia and Layla. The fabric that it available for girls greatly outnumbers the boyish type prints. But I have had my eye on a certain Funky Monkey fabric, by Erin Michael, for a very long time. When I found out that friends of ours had a baby boy I finally had an excuse to stock up.

This has to be my favorite rag quilt that I have made to date. I used 6" squares, which I typically do, but I used an extra layer of flannel for added softness. I know that it is being loved and I can't wait for an excuse to make another one!

Which brings me to the second "o' Boy"

This could be the reason that Sophia thinks blue is for boys. I just love how the blue and brown go so well together, and oh wait...do I see more monkeys?

1 comment:

  1. The monkey patterns are very cute, especially with the banana squares. Your friends must love when you give them a baby gift.

    ReplyDelete