Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where does the time go?



It can never be too late to post Christmas pictures, can it? I can't believe how fast the time has been going since I've been abck at work. I wanted to take some time now to show everyone that even though I haven't made time to post anything on my blog I have still been sewing.

Sophia got her "big girl" bed for her birthday, with the quilt that I made for her and I thought she would like a semi-matching one for her doll for Christmas. Can you see the difference?

I made the doll blanket from 3"x3" squares of scrap left over from her quilt, using the Sandi Henderson Farmers Market fabric. And while I absolutley love how it turned out, the pink and white polka dot binding with the blocks, this is how Sophia has decided to showcase my work. I guess that's why the backing has to look as good as the front!

One of the other projects that I wasn't sure I would have time to make was a bathrobe. Sophia loves putting mine on after her bath, and after we roll up the sleeves about five times it sort of, kind of, fits her. I bought a pattern to make Sophia a bathrobe and when I found the perfect fabric 50% off at Fabricland I decided to squeeze in one more project before Christmas morning. I don't have a picture of Sophia in her bathrobe but I hope these pictures do it justice, it has to be the softest fabric I have ever felt.



I can't believe that I started this blog a little over a year ago. It started out as a way to show family and friends some of the sewing and craft projects that I was making last Christmas and turned into a diary of all of my sewing projects and time off with my girls. Who would have thought that I had more time to sew, and post, when I was at home with Sophia and Layla then when I returned to work. I am hoping to post a few different times this week to get everyon caught up with what I've been making.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to believe a year has gone by until you look at the incredible change in your beautiful girls. Love the blanket and cosy bathrobe!

    ReplyDelete