Monday, October 24, 2011

Robots - Day 1

When I got home at lunch today and saw my parcel tag on the door I knew that my fabric has arrived. A couple weeks ago a girlfriend asked me to make a quilt for her soon to be arriving nephew. It seems like I've been buying a lot of boy fabric recently so I thought I would switch things up a little and not use flannel. I searched online a week and a half ago and found this adorable cotton fabric from Robert Kaufman, Robot Factory by Caleb Gray. I wanted to choose a fabric that would take a long time for a boy to outgrow; actually Steve wants a blanket out of this fabric so I know it will last a long time!
I picked up my fabric on the way home today (even before I picked up the girls) and was excited to see that it is as adorable as I thought it would be. I chose to make the "Toddle Time" Quilt, by Carlene Westberg.
So like I was saying today is Day 1 of the project. I prewashed all of the fabric and I am hoping to have it all dry and ironed tonight. I'm not sure how long the quilt will take me but I'm planning on documenting my progress. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Melissa. The fabric looks fantastic with so many complementary colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete