Monday, December 16, 2013

A Quilt for a Cause

When Layla's school mentioned that they would be doing a silent auction I immediately decided that I wanted to donate a quilt. I did a quick search and came across the Sea Glass pattern from Talk of the Town. The quilt she has on the pattern is gorgeous and I wanted to replicate the colour choices for my own quilt.
Her pattern called for a 40" quilt but I decided to go with a 60" to lengthen the amount of time it could be used, instead of just as a baby quilt. Isn't this quilt absolutely stunning. I already have ideas for the next one I want to make, perhaps for Sophia's school.
I love starting out with a pattern and finding the perfect fabric to make it come to life. I truly believe these colours make the quilt as beautiful as it is.

2 comments: