Monday, December 16, 2013

Koi for a Boy

It has been a very long time since I have posted, but I see the blog continues to by busy. I have recently been feeling very crafty and have been asked to make some baby blankets, for some very new and almost here baby boys. As you may know I have two girls, so choosing fabric for baby boys is always challenging for me but I came across a couple of different fabric lines that I wanted to try out. The first is the Eiko Collection by Jay Cyn for Birch Fabrics. I have not used organic fabric in the past but WOW what a difference. The quilt was made using Organic Eikos Pond in Pool and Organic Flower Dots in Pool on the front and Mod Basics2 Skinny Chev in Orange for the back (sent the quilt away too quick and forgot to get a picture of the back).
Organic cotton feels so much more natural. I also used the new Warm & Plush 100% Natural Cotton batting, which quilted beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment