Monday, December 23, 2013

Chevron Snacks

It is that time of year again, Sophia's birthday. I love making something fun for the kids that come to her birthday. This year, with her starting school, I thought that some reusable snack bags, filled with snacks, would be great for her friends.
I bought a Riley Blake Chevron Fat Quarter Bundle and tried to decide how best to use the fabric. With an 18" x 22" fat quarter I decided that a snack bag size of 6" x 6" square, would allow for the least amount of fabric waste. I have had some pul fabric at home just waiting to be used, so I cut it down to 6" x 6" for the inside of the snack bag to make it easy to wipe out and clean. The last thing I needed was some velcro to close them. Apparently I bought the world's strongest Velcro, so I am hoping that the 5 and 6 year olds at the party can actually open them. I figure with enough snacks inside they will make the effort to open them.
with a fruit by the foot, a kinder egg and a pack of gum, I am sure they will make the effort! The bags were easy enough to make and the colours match Sophia's theme of Monster High and still ok for the boys that come to the party.
I guess I didn't really think of the teacher on Monday with all the Velcro bags being torn open, whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment