Friday, February 5, 2010

Purple Paradise


I have finally decided to finish Layla's bedding. I bought this fabric when Layla was only a couple months old, but apparently a few other projects have taken priority over her new sheets. I fell in love with this fabric as soon as I found it. Designer fabric at fabricland is hard to come by, so when I found it I knew I had to make Layla's room purple. Anna Griffin's Mackenzie pattern is even more beautiful in person than this picture shows. The plan is to make a fitted crib sheet, a blanket to keep her warm at night, with the white fleece as backing, and her window seat. Layla will be starting to sleep in her room after our week of holidays up at the cottage, so I decided to make the transition as appealing to her as possible.


Oh, and you might be wondering about the next picture. Well, I wanted to make a special treat for Sabrina today, so I whipped up some cinnamon buns this morning, well the breadmaker did the whipping, but I did the rest : ) I wanted to show that fabric girl is more than just fabric and yarn, and when I question the fact that I have gained back all the baby weight I've lost we can all point back to these "special" treats. Notice how they are half gone, mmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment