Friday, February 12, 2010

Ta-Da

I finally finished.  Steve has been asking me for a blanket since he bought my sewing machine over 2 years ago, and all it took was this beautiful fabric at Joyce's.  An email came in a couple days ago and mentioned double sided minkee, well I just had to go and check out all the new fabrics.  I went with the girls after music class yesterday and Sophia chose "Bubblegum Pink" for daddy's valentine's blanket.















In order to have enough fabric to cover Steve from head-to-toe I bought 2 metres of fabric, and with the 150cm width it is large enough for the whole family to snuggle under and watch Curious George at night.














I also bought some other fabric at Joyce's the other day, mostly for Layla's room.  The fabric I bought is for her window seat and pillows, a work-in-progress.  I have to buy the foam for the window seat so we'll have somewhere to sit and read to her at night. 

I'll have to get a picture of Steve sitting on the couch with the girls with his new blanket...the perfect addition to today's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment