Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...


...the fire is so delightful and so is this new blanket that I knit for Sophia's doll. With my sewing machine in the shop I had to find something to fill my time, since apparently looking after a 2 year old and a 4 1/2 month old just isn't filling my days. I realized a short while ago that starting to knit would allow me more time with Steve, as the sewing machine is a little to large to keep on my lap, and a little too loud for watching television. Little did I know that counting my knit/purl combinations required a little more concentration than casually wrapping yarn around a needle.
This past week has truly been eye opening to me and while I have been thinking of new sewing projects in my head I have also added in a few more crafty knitting projects, and who knows what the new year might bring, Steve is still waiting for me to make him a blanket. How would a beautiful crocheted afghan look on his lap this winter, hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment