Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Place for Everything

I think I try to live by the "a place for everything, and everything in its place" motto. A little while ago Steve suggested that I make a knitting bag to hold all of my yarn and needles, and the other day, while I should have been napping with the girls, I created the pattern for this bag.
I must say that when I first found this Lantern Bloom fabric by Laura Gunn, I immediately knew that I had to have it. It has been sitting in my pile of fabric just waiting for the perfect use and I think I found it. I will now be able to look at this fabric every time I bring out my knitting bag. The problem is, I'm not sure which side of the bag I like more, the inside or the outside.
I quilted the outside of the bag and created pockets inside for needles, hooks, pens and even a spot for patterns or paper, to write down ideas or new patterns. I am so thrilled with how this
bag turned out. It is an "fGd" original design and one that I hope to make again.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric and all the little compartments. Good luck with the second skein for the other foot.

    ReplyDelete