Monday, January 25, 2010

Seeing Double


Well the only way that this "pair" of slippers will magically appear before your eyes is if you do in fact see double. I was so thrilled when I found this pattern, a cozy pair of slippers, easy enough for a beginner and could be completed with only one skein of yarn! Could it get any more perfect?!?

As you can see there is only one slipper completed in this picture and while I wish that was because of a lack of time alas it is due to a lack of yarn. I followed this pattern perfectly, twice, I made a slipper and realized that I had the wrong size needles, after correcting this mistake I pulled it all apart and knitted a second slipper...much to my disbelief I realized that this pattern requires more than I skein of yarn. Now this might not seem like a major problem but I must have purchased the last skein of "Cape Cod Multi 9333", apparently in the entire Region of Durham. I drove to not 1, not 2, but 5 stores yesterday looking for another to match my project, and while I was definitely not seeing double I was seeing green last night.

I have manipulated a fair number of patterns in my life so I will be attemtping to alter this pattern so that it can indeed be made with 1 skein of yarn...I'm just hoping I get it right on my first try.

I think I might unpack my sewing machine for a little break from those slippers, I can't have one foot getting jealous of the other : )

No comments:

Post a Comment