Friday, March 26, 2010

from my smoke free, pet free studio


...well maybe not pet-free, and I've been known to burn the odd quesadilla in the oven, so maybe I should come up with my own tag line for my studio/dining room table. "smothered with love" would just about cover it, from kitty sleeping on the fabric to Sophia draping her shoulders and running around the house with her "blanket", which she does with every new fabric shipment.

It has been a while since I have blogged, and yes that is a verb, so I thought I would update everyone. My not-so-secret project that has been on hold for the past year is coming along nicely, the girls new bags are all cut out AND I just received my newest fabric in the mail today, which should turn into a matching hat, jacket and skirt combo for Sophia, and a present for one lucky birthday girl.

Picking out the fabric online and then getting to look at it and hold it in person is so much fun. Looking at a yard or two of fabric and recognizing the potential that lies in each design is such a great feeling. Now I just have to wait and see if the fabric store, that is my dining room, will meet it's potential. If only there were more hours in the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment